Sunday, May 27, 2012

My childhood dreams ~ "Art-ified"

I was always a what you call an "artsy" kid. I grew up constantly delving into dry media, black and white contrasts, illustration, and and avid fan of the Disney movies before Pixar came out. What one could do with just pencil and paper! I mean, it was like the life of me was inside just dying to get out. I just had to find what was around me to use. Pencils!!! Loads and loads of pencils everywhere! I just had to find out what more I could do because "these pencils aren't good enough". I had a huge desire to draw on walls and unfortunately I did not have the chance to do it. One time I even made one slightest mark on the wall with a pencil and then erased it. Eeeek!! I loved the texture of the wall and it was perfect! I mean, this was better than eating cookies... and boy did I love cookies!!!

Thinking back, I really wish I did draw all over the walls. For my college sculpting class I remember making a 2-D mural of sorts on a 2x4 piece of wood. I remember my professor asking me, "Have you ever done graffiti?" and I was in shock because I had no idea what to say. Of course I hadn't done any... but was he encouraging me to do so??? I found out he was!!!! So all I can say is, parents... why not let your children draw on walls? ... you'll never know what it could lead to. Well, hopefully something more than graffiti and maybe more like these inspirations....

My up-to-date favorites that give me the courage to continue to do what I love, seen below...


 








I know this last one may freak some people out, but it really speaks to me. I think it's the emotion it conveys... something dark and vulnerable...something Innocent...





No comments:

Post a Comment