Thursday, May 24, 2012

MaleMee

A part of personal style stems from androgynous looks. I love to mix and match items that anyone can wear, especially if they create a reaction among "conservatists" :) I enjoy wearing the occasional suspenders and even tie, which has been a part of my wardrobe for a very long time. It seems like this is supposedly in-style now, which makes me hesitant to wear them anymore... is that weird? Whenever something becomes "in-style" I start to pull away from that and wear something else. Maybe that's a part of my non-conformist attitude when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, haha.

So here are some looks that I encourage even women to try. Men- these are of course a no brainer for you to try too but, women- You can even feminize it to your own style...



The classic look - black and white, as simple as that. Nothing can go wrong with a solid tie that can go with any look from casual to formal. I love the simplicity of the look which is enhanced by other things you pair it with. For instance in this photograph, the dimension and pattern on the wall really takes one through a complex battle of emotions and depth.

Source: tumblr.com


This ultimate mixed pattern, suave look really comes in handy to trip out viewers because no one can really tell what temperature it is just by looking at this picture. I love the Color and comfortable feel, especially with the sun -kissed element. I would also entertain the idea of using different textures as well when completing these looks.

Below, you can see examples of a casual and comfortable looks I like that really embody the laid - back kind of feel that I usually go for. Everyone can benefit from the below colors as well, since they are easily matched and interchangeable colors. The main theme is that both men and women can pull off these styles, while using accents and accessories to complete the look and make it your own. I'm no expert but these are the things I like. Have that blazers in your wardrobe, wear a tie even if its not a formal wear day, and run around with suspenders instead of a belt. My idea is to never say no to gender specific ideas because that's what they are..they are ideas of how genders should dress but keep an eye out for specific elements. One thing I detest is being put into a category. Break free!














No comments:

Post a Comment