Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Look..."Milla-fied"

For those of you who really know me, I have had one top icon that I have loved since as far as I can remember. She's a model, actress, singer-songwriter, designer, mother, and lots more. She fills her time up with joy and happiness doing the things she loves. I am an avid fan and always will be. Oh my Milla... below she is seen with one of her closest friends and design partner, Sasha.



I think what brings everything together is the fact that I feel she is exactly like me.. as if we were born from the same womb, except for the obvious fact that she is more beautiful than I and has not succumbed to certain reservations due to familial standards. When I am fully myself I see me in her and all the things I could potential become. We are both Sagittarians and have that same desire to create and live in the moment. So then I start to think... where am I going? Am I doing enough? Can I accomplish all my goals? and Why is she so gosh darn pretty inside and out?? :)

One of my favorite movies of hers is DUMMY. I absolutely adore the character she plays and I love the meaning of the story. I think it resonates with me and my internal desires. She has no reservations in the movie and tries to make it in life doing what she loves, while encouraging others to do the same. I think I first saw her in BLUE LAGOON, the sequel, in which she plays an entirely different character. What I love is her humor. She even barks in one of her own songs!

So then, I come across this...
It's Kurt Cobain's daughter, who in this photograph looks exactly like Milla!!!!


Source: chicology


Such emotion and feeling in one black and white shot. I like the simplicity of this shoot and the ease at which it looks like it was taken. I think black and white images speak to me the most and in my own art creations, I usually prefer making that type due to the feelings it can portray.

So ultimately, I figure this is how I feel and what I look for. I like the laid-back, grungy, and carefree looks. I like how dark hair contrasts with skin and sharp features. I see this in myself and the images/looks I choose. Everyday I look for inspiration and find that it makes me move forward and have strength to do what it is I need and want to do. A refocus of sorts. Plus here, where I can share my thoughts, I gain insight into the collection of posts I create.

So I come back to questions such as....
Who or What is my inspiration and why?
What was my dream for life? Did I accomplish that? if not, what held me back?
Where do I find beauty and can I see it in myself?
What am I going to do at this point in time? am I pushing myself as far as I can go?






No comments:

Post a Comment