Thursday, June 14, 2012

Make Mee Up!!

I believe in beauty in all things.. yes.. corny.
However, this has led me to love one's facial canvas!!! No matter who you are, male or female, there is something lying there... something that can be brought out.. something under the surface. The weird thing is, like one of my professors had said in the past, "There's even beauty in the fact that it is truly ugly." Hahaha I will always remember that. So what was that ugly thing that he was referring to, you might ask??? My piece of art sculpture. Yup yup. So I thus have a perspective that may differ from some and may be loved by others.

I have been asked by family and friends to provide some consultation, try some makeup ideas on them, and even make them over by way of hair or face. Granted, I'm no professional, I don't think you have to be in order to try things out or even be good at it. Professionals have it great since they probably know more techniques, supplies, etc., but new eyes and inspiration always help too. I myself, truly despise wearing makeup. I do wear it when there's occasion or to cover up the lack of beauty sleep and toxic chemicals that I have built in my body of sugary sweets at times. I can't help it if I'm in close proximity to food... but that's another topic. Here's some of my inspiration and what I think works--




Above: I truly love the contrast among the lips, eyes and hair color. Great styling and photograph! This is a great summer look because the makeup doesn't look heavy at all, such a great quality. The look is lightweight yet rich at the same time!



Try A Frosty Look!


Above: I want to walk into a Christmas party like this. Yes, I do. It's on my to-do-list as we speak :P Frosty is a hard look. You really have to think about color AND texture, otherwise the look can go wrong. The only thing I would be afraid of, would be to walk into the X-mas party and have everyone stare at me because one of my lashes fell into the food :x Eek!



For those who are willing to stay neutral...


Anyone can wear a barely there look. But what makes this one great?? It's all in the dark eyeliner. Make sure you emphasize the blackness and the thickness to make your eyes pop. The shape of the liner is crucial in this case because it enhances the size and shape of your eyes. Pick the look you're looking for first!! Also, don't look dead. Even though you may want a clean and fresh faced look, give some life to your face. I've been in a very pink and corally mood these days :)







No comments:

Post a Comment