Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Windblown Obstacles!

I did not know that my last post would of bitten me in the butt.  If I had known, I wouldn't have posted it ahhhh!

There ended up being a huge storm that took out millions of people's power.  Lo and behold, stuck in the summer heat and fallen debris, I was eating my own words to "embrace summer".  It just happened one night with the entire place looking like it was surrounded by the eye of a tornado.  Luckily people I knew were ok, but in the back of my mind I was going through the withdrawal of luxuries, such as power, light, air conditioning, clean clothes and internet to say the least.

Internet still isn't back yet and I'm trying to post this where service is available.  I heard some people died and one of my friends told me that 911 wasn't even working at one point.  This is all just a reminder to be grateful for the little things.  I don't think I'm one of those to take things for granted, but it is a reminder that we are in such a fast-paced world that needs to look at the simplest things sometimes.  The rest of the world went on with their tweets and facebook accounts.  People got mad at pinterest being down at one point I heard, while some still sat in the heat for days on end for power to come back into their neighborhoods.  Street lights and stores all shut down.  So remember...










No comments:

Post a Comment