Monday, February 25, 2013

WINTER BRIGHTS

(c) EM


Growing up I never really wore bright clothing or outfits with lots of color.  I was the awkward, shy kid with grungy clothing. I didn't want to stand out, I just wanted to blend in or at least be unnoticed. My niece still swears that I only wear dark colors, although it's interesting that she only mentions it on the days that I wear dark outfits. Nowadays, I've grown to appreciate color and texture, but mainly because I can use them in ways that suit me.  I use to think you have to be this bubbly person and smile a lot in order to wear colors. period. Boy was I wrong...  An outfit can still look edgy or grunge if you play the color cards right and on the flip side you can even look like a princess... if you wanted to.  Just remember it's all about personal style, so shine through! 

Bright colors shouldn't be left only for the warmer seasons. It's odd how mood really does change according to what colors we perceive. This patterned dress was warm enough for the chilled air, while also showcasing a pattern suitable for the winter season.  Paired with a textured hat and a bright blazer, I was ready to go.  Complete the look with your favorite long-length coat with some boots and smile away :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment